Eligibility to Sell on Vilyoo
Vilyoo is a marketplace for artists & designers or individuals creating beautiful handmade products (using modern crafting techniques) to sell their creations. The site is not for traders or wholesalers. The designers can outsource the production to other individuals but not to a mass production unit. You must meet the following conditions to through Vilyoo:-
- You must be over 18 and competent to enter into a contract.
- The items/products you are selling are either made by you or designed by you
- The products are not mass produced
- You hold the intellectual property for the product you are selling
Selling through Vilyoo
A. You can sell:
- Craft Objects made from medium like paper, glass, clay, thread, bead, wood, metal, leather etc.
- Photographs taken by you or other digital art created by you
- Supplies & tools needed to create craft products
- Do-It-Yourself kits related to crafts
- Online or location based workshops/classes teaching art & craft techniques
B. You cannot sell:
- Electronic & electrical goods,
- Books & Media
- Apparels (except accessories like scarf, sweaters, hats, footwear),
- Sporting goods,
- Kitchen appliances & cook wear,
- Kids toys,
- Car accessories
C. Prohibited products
- Adults goods indicating pornography,
- Goods which includes replicas or imitations of designer goods
- Fireworks, Explosives and Explosive Substances
- Government IDs and Licenses
- Hazardous, Restricted, and Regulated items
- Human Parts and Remains ...... more
Your Responsibilities as a seller
A. Taxes: All taxes due on the products sold through Vilyoo are your responsibility. Prices given by you include all and any taxes due on the same.
B. Product Listing
- Description of the item must not be misleading and must describe actual condition of the product. If the item description does not match the actual condition of the item, you agree to refund any amounts that you may have received from the Buyer to Vilyoo.
- Product Images: You should provide a clear images of your product that you are listing in your store for selling.
- Store Banner: This is mostly one time upload except you want to change the store look. The banner is first impression of your store & does showcase your store features. Ensure that the image size is 825 x 300 px.
- Packing: You as seller and maker of the product will be responsible for appropriately packing the product to ensure it can reach the customer undamaged.
- Shipping Forms: You will be responsible for printing the shipping label and required forms at your end and handing the documents to the courier pickup
- Proof of Handover: You will be responsible for maintaining a hard copy proof of pick-up by the courier company.
D. Returns: Vilyoo does not allow its customers to return products unless they meet the following conditions:
- Mis-match description: if the item is not as per the description you provided on Vilyoo and the buyer returns the item.
- Damage due to improper packing: If the product was not appropriately packaged for shipment
Further, if the product cannot be delivered to the customer due to improper Shipping Forms of inaccurate shipping label used by you, then it will be your liability to refund the amount to the customer.
- Respect customer privacy and not share customer information with a third party.
- Keep your login and password to Vilyoo secure
- Its Free to registration on the website.
- Commission on sale of products: Vilyoo will add its commission on the selling price you specify while posting the product on the website. On sale of a product Vilyoo will transfer the agreed sales price excluding its commission to your account as per the agreed payment terms (Refer para C below)
B. Shipping charges: Vilyoo will ship the products to the customers at its cost.
C. How will you be paid: Once you sign in, you will be asked to share your bank details, PAN card number. These details are required by Vilyoo to ensure timely payment to you.
D. Payment will be transferred to your account within 5 days of shipping the order or within one day of sale of workshop.
E. Tax liability with respect to your products will be passed on to you.
F. You will reimburse us for claim on Vilyoo due to your fault
G. All payments on the site will be Indian Rupees only
Guarantees given to the Customer
Vilyoo will be giving the following guarantees to its customers:
- Products will be as per the description on the site.
- Delivered to the customer within 7 days
- Undamaged delivery
- If assembly is required then clear instructions will be provided
- Products sold are hand-made
- Keep updated inventory of your products
- Schedule pickup within one day on receipt of order
- Transfer money to your account within 5 days of shipment
- Ensure returns are only for genuine cases
- Promote your products and services
Some Legal Terms
A. Disagreements if any, will be resolved within Indian jurisdiction and as per Indian laws.
B. Termination: Both of us can terminate the contract at any point in time with a 15 days notice. Once the intention to terminate the contract is communicated, Vilyoo will ensure that:-
- Your products are removed from the site
- All pending settlements are completed
C. Vilyoo has a right to delist a product item in case of product being inappropriate or not going with the approved product listing.
D. In case of default with any conditions of this document Vilyoo can remove you as a vendor and adjust any prepaid fee paid by and amounts due to you against refunds due from you to Vilyoo or the customer.
You agree that:
- Vilyoo is a platform which is enabling you to sell directly to your customers and that Vilyoo is not be purchasing and reselling the products on your behalf.
- You are reimbursing Vilyoo for these services through a commission charged by Vilyoo on your products and a subscription charge to list products on the website.
- That at no point of time during any transaction between Buyer and Seller on the Website does Vilyoo take possession of any of the products or services offered by you nor does it at any point gain title to or have any rights or claims over the products or services offered by you.
- You are responsible for all taxes due on sale of your products and the price given by you is inclusive of taxes.
- You have read the above terms and agree to comply with them.